With the holiday season done and the new year now well and truly underway, it's time pull the proverbial finger out and get it done. That is, address those resolutions made, training goals and goats that you've been aiming to cross off the list, body composition changes you've been dreaming of and even just the commitment to sticking to something for a period of time you keep telling yourself you'll soon start.
On Monday the 1st of February we're going to revamp the old in-house paleo challenges of old with SHREDRUARY!
A lot of you have previously taken part in similar challenges have gotten wicked results and for the most part still use the guidelines picked up along the way. For a heap of our new members this will be a whole new process but a rewarding one long term for sustainable eating habits and self accountability.
This time round this will be a much less formal process, there is no cost, no points, just a commitment from you and the support from those partaking in the challenge. It's cliche but the motto, You only get out what you put in is exactly what it's about this time round.
* This page will be your daily posting page for all things shred.
* Download the guidelines (ATTACHED BELOW) and go from there. Depending on your goals there are different paths for each of you in regards to nutrition. But for the most part the idea is to shred all the crap! This means eliminating
- All sugars.
- You want to reduce dairy and eat as close to natural unprocessed foods as possible. Want to lose weight or just decrease body fat and lean out; You should be pretty much be chanting out the Crossfit mantra for the next month; Meat, Vegetables, Nuts & Seeds, Some Fruit, Little Starch and No Sugar. The closer you can stick to this the faster you will reach your body composition and performance goals.
Those looking to increase muscle mass/put on weight and maintain; As per but can increase gluten free starchy carb intake as per guidelines (wait a week or so and introduce to see what works best) Add in quinoa, a bit of rice, and organic raw dairy if they don’t upset your stomach. Remember that junk in = junk out. You can gain weight by eating junk but your performance and body composition will suffer!
* If you're committing to this we want to see you regularly posting and being actively involved ! Write down your goals for the 4 weeks. - it could be as simple as "get shredded as", get a muscleup or attend 4+ WODS
* Post- This only works if you have an honest idea of what you're actually consuming on a daily basis, weekends included! This means post or at least jot down your meals, snacks, drinks, several coffees every day. Use this as a training diary as well. Write down if you attended the WOD or if you slept in etc..
*Hit the box! It's pretty straight forward get in go hard repeat 5 x a week! Really 5 sessions still only equates to 5 hours in a given week. In most cases there’s always room for more however this does not necessarily need to be a WOD. Reminder were opening up 2 extra 6:30pm sessions on Tuesday and Thursday. Maximise recovery; get in some active recovery, foam roll, stretch at home, head to a park a practice some skils or just head down the beach and have a splash. All have a benefit to aiding in your progress. Those that are seeking a more competitive approach to Crossfit, you have the 'extra' work set out in Wodify. There's a bunch of skill sets and drills included to up your game and take it to the next level.
We all have certain “goats” on our back within the CrossFit world that we need to devote more time to and chip away at until we have it in our arsenal. This may be a focus for the challenge.
We've had the best results in the past when we've had a larger participation from group members. Everyone can feed off each other and share ideas to spice up meals etc and really just keep each other accountable to making sure we all see out the challenge and the goals initially made!
Use today to get yourself ready, get your shopping done and clean out all the crap so you're good to get your shred on come TOMORROW!